Sunday, January 6, 2013

2006 brings new life and genetic testing!

In April of 2006 we welcomed our second baby girl, Brelan Renee.  At 8 lbs 12 oz. she was pure sugar!  Joeli was a big "sisser" and loved every minute of it.  Of course with this new life also brought a new worry.  Would Brelan also be Cyclic?  How would our lives change?  How would I find so much love within my own heart to love two angels?!  Well, Brelan never showed signs of Cyclic, our lives were rich with pink stuff, smiles, lots of laughter, and oh the love!  I'm amazed at how much love is already there when they put that sweet baby in your arms for the first time. 
  In the fall of that year Joeli had a neutropenic admission and we were informed of new testing.  GENETIC TESTING for Cyclic was now an option for us!  The paperwork was done and blood was drawn and shipped.  Weeks later we received the confirmation on paper that we were already so aware of.  Joeli was genetically Cyclic and was positive for the mutation on her ELA2 gene.  Our lives continued as normal but now with a peace of mind that there was a method to this cyclical madness.  Joeli was happy and healthy and Brelan was right behind her.  What more could this mama ask for.  Not long after the testing Christmas came.  Can I just tell you how much fun Christmas is with a 3 year old and an 8 month old?!  I'm sure many of you know but it still amazes me to think back to that Christmas and how blessed we were.  I couldn't tell you just how much paper Brelan ate and how loud Joeli squealed with excitement over each gift and aspect of this special time of year.  I remember thinking that one day I'd be the one to share with both of them the true meaning of Christmas and what our Saviour had done for us so long ago.  That Christmas was a very pivotal time for our family.  One we will never forget.  One for the BOOKS!  Little did I know how our lives were about to change.
      P.S. This blogging stuff is addictive and emotional!  Thanks for bearing with me and being so supportive.  Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment