Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Here's to Love!

    Today was a day filled with emotion.  A day to say "good bye for now" to a lady I'd grown to love.  For some her name was Jock, Mom, or Georgia Mae.  To us she was Memaw.  Her husband of 67 years, WHOA...yes I did just say 67 years, has lost much recently.  We have watched his health deteriorate, his physical abilities decline, and his memory begin to fade.  However, today I watched a husband of 67 years try so hard to say good bye and for all that has left him, love has not! 
     As I sang "Amazing Grace" during the service in honor of Memaw, I couldn't help but to be overwhelmed with the reality of His love for me.  A love that held me here when every breath caused pain.  I hurt for our family and I'm brought to tears as I think back to that man standing at her side trying so hard to understand.  I recall standing for Chad as we were forced to say good bye to Joeli.  I'm not sure how I stood at all let alone for him.  It was certainly a Heavenly hand that pushed us together.  When all else fails, love prevails! 
   How often I've found myself restless in a hospital room surrounded by cords, tubes, and random alarms...all while rocking a feverish child.  I was never once too tired to love.  I've fought our way for treatment and awareness.  Its never been an option not to continue.  Love was never questioned...it wasn't optional.  Love has remained an ever present source of fuel for this mama.
   I'm not sure of the road you walk, most days I'm not even sure of the road I walk.  That said I'm quite sure of love.  When we find ourselves tired and weary we must let love take over.  I'm not sure what exactly that means most of the time but the cool part about that is we aren't called to have all the answers!  We are simply called to love.  He will certainly meet us there!  I find some comfort tonight as I think of Joeli running to greet her Memaw at His feet.  What a beautiful sight!  Ill admit I'm jealous but oh sweet day!  So, here's to love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment