Friday, January 4, 2013

Meet Joeli!

Hi!  I'd like to introduce you to the precious face behind this blog.  This is Joeli Lynn Mothershead.  My heart!  Joeli was my first daughter (I have three).  Joeli was born in August of 2003 and this mama was forever changed from that moment.  Joeli left my arms for the arms of our Heavenly Father on January 18, 2007 due to an overwhelming infection in her blood combined with Cyclic Neutropenia.  Neutropenia left her with nothing to fight with.  I am new to the blogging world.  Well, new from an author's perspective.  My purpose here is to give a voice to my sweet girl so that no one else has to endure the pain she and our family have.  Neutropenia doesn't have to remain "rare" by this world's current standards.  I'm not just the parent of a Neutropenic...I am a Neutropenic.  Our Neutropenia is technically Cyclic Neutropenia by genetic mutation to the ELA2 gene found in the bone marrow.  Many are affected by Neutropenia in it's different forms and many remain undiagnosed or misdiagnosed.  Good news is we don't have to remain that way!  Thank you so much for taking time out of your day to visit and to meet one of my angels!  Be Blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment